The nonsensient generators cannot beat the sensient creators from their natural game of emotion. The human voice gives communicable expression of that emotion to other human beings. Scanners might easily be trained to catch and interpret human voice emotion, but I think expressing it through human singing is the last frontier of gen AI. Use your IEM earbud to hear the difference of human singers from gen AI singers.
Am I then hypocritical when I enjoy AI-generated songs? If AI song detector can err, how much more will a human ear differentiates. It's difficult to enjoy something you have to analyze at the same time if it's AI-generated or AI-assisted only.
Then AI songs can beat human songs! And then mixer AI becomes as good as AI generators that are fully usable and copyrightable by music producers.🤣
If I sang, played guitar, composed the song I recorded on Suno Pro, and made Suno finish it, does it mean the song has no human input? It's called AI-assisted that can be copyrighted but on shaky ground (work fully documented). While if I just used JJazzLab and free daw, and I listened to an opensource, offline AI-generated version of my song for inspiration and creating it manually and incorporating some to my song via free daw, it is now an AI-assisted that is copyrightable 100% (work fully documented).
But that's not my point. My point is the quality of human emotional expression that is unbeatable by any nonsensient entity. But the details of a nightingale at night, with its thisness, rivals that of a human song. A nightingale is a sensitive being in comparison.
Even it is singing its heart out longing for its better half, a problematic human being sees the night backdrop lit by the moon, and those lyrics one by one shatters the shackles of the human soul.
I just don't know if a lyrebird is a singer or whatever.🤣 You're a hypocrite too if you aren't entertained or even impressed by its sheer brilliance.
The best vocalist award though in the US avian world goes to a rocker.🤣
Enough silliness.
We immortalize songs like If You Leave Me Now below. It is early to say we won't immortalize gen AI songs. But the meaning of the song has been kept by our hearts (historically significant part of our lives). The story, the emotion, the musicality, was shown or performed in front of everybody. Could it be that we empathize with the singer who we know feels or suffers in his heart the song he is singing? Hubert Dreyfus would tell us that these gen AI songs has no being-in-the-world and no biological needs, it can never truly understand the concepts it manipulates. "Dreyfus’s work challenges us to ask: Is our digital life stripping away the "embodied" parts of our consciousness, or is it extending our 'body' into the network?" (Gemini Fast, 20 April 2026). So our sentence above holds, the emotional life might be the last frontier of AI or won't be. Only a human being can express/empathize with fellow human beings. To downgrade our experience with the machine is to loose our humanity. The question of a half-baked human song can be experimentally designed. But practically wise, we evolve and has used tools that lessens the experience but facilitates video calls. Great gen AI songs will have to be performed by human session artists to give justice to where it came from: human songs that trained the gen AI.
I started my music composing as a 10 year old child who have no money to buy for a piano and even just a keyboard, so I bought what I can afford, a guitar.
I owned a Win 98 computer late 1999, 12 years after, my compositions buried in a stack of scratch papers. I want to digitize them and record since I can't afford publishing with record labels. I then amassed several of the music apps during those times, learned all of them, but I don't like how they sound. I stopped and waited for a new technological breakthrough in music home production.
27 years after, Music AI (Generative AI) is now owning every song our little inspiration can generate easily. I stopped again that's why my Youtube playlist on my music AI learning was stopped. There is no way out there for me to secure the ownership of my own songs if I use any music AI.
Then don't use music AI. Good retort. And it is also the conclusion of my music AI learning. 1) Just use a simple computer recorder, a condenser mic, a music interface, and send my song to an online cloud or email it to myself. 2) Just use Jjazzlab a free Band in a Box alternative, since its plugins and add-ons are human work which can be copyrighted. 3) Export its midi in any free daw using free high quality VST plugin. No need GenAI. Own fully your song. 4) Now send those studio finished songs to NLP or IPOPHIL for copyrighting 5) Publish
The main idea roaming around is that AI now will own everything including our jobs, and even our music. The main idea of a pro-owner music AI isn't the idea why they are developing these gen AI servers without earning anything in return. Thus I'm wary of any music AI there which is they say pro-producer. I hate navigating things artistically in a nerve wreaking environment where you'll later find out that the music AI app that helped your song to become a studio sounding final version retracts and changes its term and conditions later. I hate learning things with legal impermanence. I don't know when I will have that interest again to publish my own songs. I will be waiting for a time when everybody else respects human authorship again.
Yup those gen AI songs out there are products of previous human songs. Maybe they chose to train these more popular generators with popular songs only. They are thus called generative AI not creative AI. And Tom Sudhof, a Nobel Laureate Neurobiologist differentiates the human brain from an AI.
The brain has a self... it has an ability to create without any biological determinance its own thoughts, decisions, and ideas... It's not just plasticity in terms of how an individual synaptic connection between two nerve cells operates, how it processes information. It is also that the connection itself can change. It can be eliminated. It can be newly built. It can move. All kinds of things happen in the brain. It is in many ways a very fluid system or plastic, very very different from a computer.
It's all bent at earning from human creations of all kind. It cannot create anything new without any referring to human creation first. Any legislative genius out there won't make it against these billion dollar industry. A community driven solution I think will be the key. A human derivative must be returned back to the service of human creativity not to its extinction, since as we've formulated before, the end of human creativity is also the end of AI. AI as a tool advances human creativity faster to its benefit, advancing AI further, a loop we need not forget. Well, human flourishing means more human will use AI. And there is that question of who will even use the product of AI if everyone is gone? The death of the creator of AI is also the start of the end of the created AI. Futuristically robots might be able to sustain themselves without human beings. But for how long if a glitch or a heavy natural catastrophe happens and the robot repair master breaks? We're imagining these gen AI to generate things without regard for the human creators that helped it flourish. And such idea is already dead even before it started. Of course such creation will adjust itself with reality and create a win win for everybody. But right now everybody is judging otherwise because most AI out there doesn't have respect for human authorship. AI was created not to help human authorship but to replace human authorship. The idea is already wrong before it even started. And I hope someone corrects it. Not everything though is gloomy. And a correct mission/vision from the start, ends up well like Demis Hassabis vision below. Yes I'll be waiting for a music AI for producers/artists that will respect my creation the way a record label respects their artists and everybody else like the old times. And I hope everybody respects everybody else's hand at whatever has been created be it human or AI. I pity real artists aka home producers out in YouTube being branded as genAI music if not for the fact that their songs were published long ago even before these AI things started, just because they didn't trod the record label path.
« Previous Chapter | Table of Contents | Next Chapter »
No comments:
Post a Comment